|Question:||Does sleep affect my weight?|
|Question:||What are some of the symptoms of diabetes?|
For Type 1 Diabetes:
- Frequent urination
- Unusually thirsty
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Extremely tired and irritable
The Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes are
- Any of the Type 1 symptoms
- Frequent infections
- Blurred vision
- Cuts/bruises heal slowly
- Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
- Some people with Type 2 diabetes have no symptoms
|Question:||How many people have diabetes?|
|Question:||What are the types of diabetes?|
Type 1 diabetes usually begins before age 18 and happens when the body completely stops making insulin, the hormone that allows the body to use sugar for energy; and
Type 2 diabetes is much more common and usually starts in adults. In Type 2 diabetes the body doesn’t make enough insulin for the body to properly use the sugar we eat.
Gestational Diabetes: Diabetes that happens only when a woman is pregnant. Women who have gestational diabetes are more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes later in their lives.
|Question:||What can I do to feel less stressed?|
- Be sure to get enough sleep
- Find a quiet place and take some slow deep breathes for 1 to 3 minutes
- Take a brief walk (15 to 20 minutes) during the day
- Take a hot bath or shower to relax your muscles
- Spend 5 minutes and do some simple stretching exercises
- Listen to some relaxing music
- Do yoga or meditation
- Get a massage
- Make social time part of your day
If stress seems to be part of your life everyday, it can be very helpful to talk with a mental health professional.
Complete the form below to receive your free song.